1) Xpu-ha Beach in Tulum – With a beautiful cove and white talcum powder beaches, Xpu-ha is a bit secluded and perfect for a romantic walk or a peaceful swim. Just a few kilometers south of Cancun, this beach has several beach bars, some all-inclusive resorts and several diving shops. It’s not on the ends of the earth, but you might like it compared to the beaches of more popular resorts.
2) Maroma Beach in Playa del Carmen – Tucked away on the east coast of Mexico, just a few miles from Cancun, Maroma Beach is one of the best kept secrets in Mexico and is perhaps its most interesting and enchanting beach. This is a private strip of sand, close to the luxurious Maroma Hotel, so staying in this top resort is the only way to access the beach, but it’s worth the price.
3) Chacala Beach in Puerto Vallarta – Not too long and a bit wild, Chacala is covert and rarely crowded with tourists. It is a place to look for where locals gather and mix. With a dense jungle on the edge of the beach and several delicious sandy restaurants serving freshly caught fish, Chacala offers a taste of authentic Mexico.
4) Bahias de Huatulco in Oaxaca – With 10 coves and 36 beaches, many of which are accessible only by boat, this belt of beaches delights with its untouched natural beauty and rustic landscape. The best kept secret is Playa Arrocito, a secluded beach in a hidden cove by a rocky cliff. It’s hard to find, but worth the effort.
5) Playa del Amor in Cabo San Lucas – This secluded beach is only accessible by boat and is located where the Pacific Ocean connects the Cortez Sea. Very few beaches in Mexico can match the dramatic ambience, with stunning rock formations jutting out of the azure water. In fact, the rock formations are some of the most famous in Mexico and are found on many postcards.
6) Mayakoba Beach along the Maya Riviera – a private beach for Mayakoba Fairmont guests, this tempting strip of sand will enchant the most uninvited travelers with its beautiful restaurant, peaceful pool and shady cabins. Isolated and quiet, Mayakoba will not disappoint.
7) North beach on Isla Mujeres – Right in front of the noisy Cancun is the beautiful North beach, a place with wide sand, calm bathing waters and a small number of tourist crowds or suppliers dealing with goods. With blue, cloud-covered skies above and calm waters stretching as far as the eye can see, North Beach is a real treat.
8) Four Seasons Punta Minta in Punta Minta – A few north of Puerto Vallarta are some of the best Mexican beaches. One in particular can be found in the luxurious Four Seasons, where a white sandy beach meets the turquoise sea. The water here is calm and shallow which makes this a great beach for swimming.
9) Playa Zicatela in Puerto Escondido – One of the best Mexican surfing beaches and one of the 10 best surfing beaches in the world, Playa Zicatela is not only beautiful but also a fun place to gather, dine in one of the many affordable restaurants and watch surfing on leads.
10) Playa La Ropa in Zihuatanejo – along with delicious restaurants and stunning ocean views, Playa al Ropa gets the basics right and is a welcome place for tourists looking for uncomplicated sunbathing and relaxing relaxation.