Cozumel is the perfect place for a relaxing, unforgettable vacation. Named the soul of the Caribbean, it is home to the second largest coral reef in the world, making it a diver’s dream.
Enchanting clear blue waters with visibility greater than 200 feet provide the perfect backdrop for more than 100 dive and scuba diving sites. Visit Cozumel to try Mexican culture in one of the most beautiful and peaceful environments in the world.
You can fully enjoy the journey to the beautiful island of Cozumel a lot less than you might think. Here are some tips on how to achieve great benefits for your vacation in Cozumel:
1. Travel when prices are lowest. Out of season prices will be cheaper for everyone, from plane tickets to accommodation. For Cozumel, the highest prices are between December and March, especially Christmas week and New Year. Rates during these holiday weeks are sometimes more than twice as high as low seasonal prices. You will find the lowest prices from April to mid-December, so try to plan your vacation accordingly.
2. Consider an all-inclusive cruise package. Cruises stop in Cozumel three times a week, giving you the opportunity to combine a cruise and a trip to Cozumel. You can handle all bookings online, even with the help of a travel agency, which can help you navigate to the best deals for your money.
3 Check out the resorts in Cozumel that offer the arrangement. Resort packages are growing in popularity because tourists like the idea of paying a lump sum for their room, food, drinks, and some jobs include local events or entertainment or even plane tickets. Some areas, such as nearby Cancun, keep tourists from constantly coming in and out of season by offering all-inclusive packages.
4. Explore on your own, instead of booking tours or excursions. Cozumel is a small island, about 30 miles long, 10 miles wide and flat, so it’s easy to get around on foot, by taxi, or by renting a car or scooter. You can rent a scooter for about $ 25 for the whole day or get a VW convertible, which is perfect for exploring the island, for about $ 45.
5. Get off the beaten path for eating and shopping. Do your homework before you get there. The internet will provide you with reviews of people who have already been there, as well as forums and other places where you can ask questions and get suggestions for great food at the best prices.
6. Take full advantage of free attractions. Cozumel is known worldwide for its excellent diving and beautiful beaches. Paradise Beach is about 10 kilometers from San Miguel and offers free use of parasols and chairs, diving equipment and kayaks.
7. Buy accommodation around the house. Many places in Cozumel cost less than 100 USD per night, and with a little searching you can find accommodation for less as prices often vary among hotels. Most of the prices you’ll find at Cozumel are pretty reasonable compared to the U.S. cost.